Brussels sprouts salad with warm lemon anchovy vinaigrette is pungent, but in the best possible way! A total explosion of flavours and perfect for a light, filling meal!
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, cleaned and ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 anchovy, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- juice from half a meyer lemon (approx. 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Cut brussels sprouts in half through the core. Place brussels sprouts down on a flat surface and thinly slice until all the sprouts are shredded. Place in a large bowl or on a large platter. Scatter raisins or dried cranberries on top.
- To make the dressing, preheat a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add anchovy and break up using the back of a wooden spoon or spatula. Once smashed, add red wine vinegar and whisk to combine. Add remaining ingredients and cook until just simmering, about 3 minutes. If dressing is too tangy, add 1 teaspoon sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Serve salad with warm lemon-anchovy vinaigrette drizzled on top.