Try this gorgeous combination of BBQ chicken, scallions, cilantro and gruyere for an explosion of flavour in loaded BBQ chicken stuffed baked potatoes!
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts (or 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Scrub potatoes clean, then poke all over with a fork or knife. Pour about ½ tablespoon olive oil on each potato and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each potato completely in aluminum foil and place potatoes directly on rack in lower ⅓ of oven. Cook for 1 hour until potatoes are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
- While potatoes are baking, place chicken on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast on oven rack in upper ⅓ of oven for 45 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through. Set aside and let cool.
- Remove skin from chicken breasts (or rotisserie chicken) and discard. Shred the meat and place in a small bowl. Add BBQ sauce and toss to combine.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and season with a little salt and pepper. Top with BBQ chicken, shredded cheese, shallots, cilantro, and scallions. Pour a little extra BBQ sauce on top and serve.