Cheesy Baked Zucchini with Marinara will save your weeknight dinner routine (and the kids love it too!). It's low carb, vegetarian, gluten-free, and keto.
- 5 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- fresh herbs, basil, parsley, oregano (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise and line them up on a quarter sheet baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center goes in easily and the zucchini are completely tender.
- While zucchini is baking, combine mozzarella, Parmesan, and Italian seasoning in a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Top each zucchini with about 2 tablespoons marinara sauce, and sprinkle each with an equal amount of the cheese mixture.
- Broil on high until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly, about 2-3 minutes. Garnish with fresh herbs (optional) and serve immediately.
How to store: Allow the baked zucchini to cool to room temperature, then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will last for 3-4 days.
How to reheat: Reheat cheesy zucchini in the microwave in 30 second intervals until warm. You can also reheat them in a 350F oven for 10 minutes or in the air fryer at 350F for 5 minutes. Note that the texture may be a little more mushier than when it was freshly baked, this is because zucchini tends to get mushy the longer it's cooked/reheated.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesy baked zucchini, baked zucchini with marinara, marinara zucchini boats, baked zucchini