Baked zucchini with marinara and melted cheese is about to save your weeknight dinner routine. It’s vegetarian, gluten free, and packed with flavor.
- 5 small zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Basil, parsley, oregano (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise, then line up on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then bake for 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center goes in easily and the zucchini are completely tender.
- While zucchini is baking, combine mozzarella, parmesan, and Italian seasoning in a small bowl, then stir to combine.
- Top each zucchini with about 2 tablespoons marinara, then sprinkle each with an equal amount of the cheese mixture. Broil on high until cheese is golden brown and bubbly, about 2-3 minutes. Garnish with fresh herbs (optional) and serve immediately.