Crunchy, cheesy, and paired with an awesome dipping sauce, these baked mozzarella sticks are just as amazing as what you would find in a restaurant!
- 12 mozzarella string cheeses
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- Cut string cheese in half to create 2 pieces that are smaller in length.
- Set up three shallow bowls for breading: In the first small bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper. In the second, add the eggs. In the third, combine panko, parmesan, garlic powder, oregano and parsley.
- Begin by dredging the halved mozzarella sticks in the flour, then move to the egg and coat thoroughly on all sides. Add mozzarella sticks a few at a time to the panko breadcrumb mixture and toss to coat on all sides. Place mozzarella sticks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to prevent the cheese from sticking to the tray. Place in freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 F and place rack in lower third of oven. Bake mozzarella sticks for 8 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs become golden brown. Watch carefully, though, as the cheese will begin melting if left in too long! Serve warm with marinara or pizza sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes + 2 hours freezing time
- Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer