Homemade applesauce bread is fluffy, moist, and delicious. Loaded with fall flavors that transforms your favorite snack into a loaf cake.
- 1 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (200 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (about 220-250 grams), at room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (70 grams)
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 5x9-inch loaf pan (1 lb. loaf pan) with cooking spray oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients including flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk together until evenly distributed and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk well to combine all the wet ingredients including applesauce, oil, yogurt, and eggs until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix together using a spatula until just combined and no dry ingredients are visible. Do not overmix. Overmixing will make the cake dense and hard rather than fluffy.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes, then invert the pan onto a cooling rack or plate to remove the loaf. Serve warm or at room temperature. Drizzle with honey if desired.
How to serve: This applesauce bread makes an amazing to-go breakfast or snack on its own, but you can also eat it with some Vanilla Ice Cream and Candied Pecans or Dried Fruit (try Baked Apple Chips).
How to store. The best way to store applesauce loaf is at room temperature in an airtight container or large ziploc bag for up to 2-3 days. This will keep the loaf fresh and moist. To store longer, store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Wait until the loaf has cooled down to room temperature before storing in the refrigerator to avoid it from getting soggy.
How to freeze: Once cooled to room temperature, wrap the whole cake in plastic cling wrap, or wrap individual slices and place into a freezer bag. Freeze for up to three months.
How to thaw: Thaw frozen applesauce bread by transferring them into the refrigerator overnight. If you don't have time, you can also microwave it covered on a low-temperature setting (on the lowest setting) for a few minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: applesauce bread, how to make applesauce bread, moist applesauce bread, sweet bread with applesauce, easy applesauce bread, homemade applesauce bread