Have an apple today and keep the doctor away with this fresh, fall favourite -- apple walnut salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Throw together crisp apples, crunchy walnuts, and sweet cranberries for a taste of the holidays.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup red onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, make the balsamic vinaigrette by whisking together vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, apple, red onions, walnuts, dried cranberries, and feta cheese. Pour dressing over top and toss to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple walnut salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette, fall salad, apple salad, thanksgiving salad