Almond butter granola bars are the perfect handheld snack for back to school or work lunches. They are healthy, gluten-free, and have no refined sugar.
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup raw honey (or maple syrup)
- 3 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine almond butter, honey, butter, and vanilla over medium-low heat. Cook and stir until smooth and until butter melts.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, almonds, cinnamon, cocoa powder, nutmeg, and salt, and mix together. Pour liquid mixture on top and stir to combine until fully incorporated and the oats are all coated with the liquid mixture.
- Transfer mixture to a parchment-lined 9x9-inch casserole dish or baking tray and firmly press mixture into the pan using a spatula or the back of a glass. Make sure it is packed very tightly and evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (add an additional 5-10 minutes for crunchier granola bars). The granola bars are done once the edges have browned and pulled away from the sides.
- Remove parchment paper from pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Slice into 12 rectangular bars.
- Store granola bars at room temperature in an airtight container.
How to store: You can store homemade granola bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
How to freeze: To freeze, slice and place them on a parchment lined baking tray and freeze for an hour. Then transfer the bars into a freezer bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond butter granola bars, how to make granola bars, almond cocoa granola bars, easy granola bars