Air fryer chicken tenders are juicy and moist inside while crispy and golden brown outside. A healthy, delicious, and quick kid-friendly recipe.
For the chicken:
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins or breasts, cut into 1-inch thick strips
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the breading:
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs (or Italian style breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cooking oil spray
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper. Mix well until evenly coated and set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix breadcrumbs and salt evenly in a large shallow plate. Take the chicken tenders, one strip at a time, and generously coat them in the breadcrumbs. You can gently press the crumbs into the chicken to adhere as much as possible.
- Transfer the breaded chicken tenders in a single layer in the air fryer basket and spray with cooking oil spray.
- Cook at 350F for 15 minutes until fully cooked through and the breading turns golden brown. The internal temperature for the chicken should reach 165F as read on a meat thermometer.
- Serve with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce, if desired. Try buffalo sauce, sweet chili sauce, sweet and sour sauce, or tahini sauce.
How to store: Allow air fryer chicken tenders to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container for storing. If you store hot tenders, condensation can make them soggy — and no one wants that. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Marinate Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer chicken tenders, chicken tenders in the air fryer, air fryer chicken strips, breaded chicken tenders, chicken tenders