Flaky, oily, and tender air fryer cod with black bean sauce is bursting with flavour and takes less than 20 minutes to make. The perfect weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb. (400 g) piece of black cod, cut into 2 steaks (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (approximately 4 cloves garlic)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- jalapeño slices, for garnish (optional)
Black Bean Sauce:
- 1/2 tablespoon fermented black beans
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon maggi sauce (flavored soy sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a large ziploc bag, add garlic, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Shake well to combine. Add cod steaks to the ziploc bag, press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Press the marinade around the cod to coat it. Place bag in the fridge and marinate for least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Remove the marinated cod out of the bag and place them on the air frying basket, spaced evenly. Cook at 350 F for 17 minutes.
- In the mean time, prepare the black bean sauce. In a small bowl, add fermented black beans, water, maggi sauce, and sesame oil. Stir to mix evenly
- Remove cod from the air fryer and place in a dish. Garnish with cilantro and jalapeños (optional). Pour the black bean sauce over top of the fish and serve.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: air fryer black cod with black bean sauce, air fryer cod, how to cook cod in the air fryer, air fryer fish