Over 60 healthy dinner ideas including low carb dinners, healthy chicken dinners, seafood, one pot or sheet pan recipes, Chinese stir fries, and salads. One of our favorites is this pesto penne pasta.
- 8 oz. penne pasta (3 cups)
- 1/2 cup basil pesto, homemade or store-bought
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add penne pasta and a little bit salt, and cook till al dente (fully cooked but still firm) about 8-10 minutes, or according to package directions. Do not overcook the pasta. Turn off the heat and reserve at least 1/4 cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta in a colander and let it cool for 1 minute.
- Transfer pasta into a large mixing bowl and add pesto and reserved pasta water (1/4 cup or more, if desired). Season with salt and pepper and toss well to coat. Stir in cherry tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately. Sprinkle extra parmesan on top, if desired.
Make ahead and freezer-friendly. You can make some of these easy healthy dinners ahead of time and store in the refrigerator for a few days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Prep in advance. You can also make things easier by prepping ingredients in advance and storing in the fridge until ready to use. Check the individual recipes for full make ahead and storing instructions.
- How to reheat. Most of the leftovers can be reheated either in a preheated oven or air fryer at 300F for 10-15 minutes until warmed through, on the stovetop over medium to low heat for about 5-10 minutes until warmed through, or in the microwave in 20-second increments until warmed through. If heating from frozen, let it thaw first and then reheat. Refer to each recipe for full reheating instructions
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: 60+ healthy dinner ideas, healthy dinner ideas, best healthy dinners, healthy dinner recipes, healthy dinners, healthy recipes for dinner