Over 50 best healthy snacks that you can make at home including snacks by the handful, dips and spreads, baked goods and bread, smoothies, and more! One of my favorites is homemade popcorn.
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast (or to taste)
- Over medium heat, heat 2-3 popcorn kernels on a thick-bottomed skillet stove or cooking pot with the lid on until the kernels pop, about 2-3 minutes. This ensures the hot skillet is ready. Once the kernels pop, spread the rest of the popcorn kernels in a single layer in the skillet and close the lid. The kernels will start popping quickly, about 30 seconds. Shake the skillet gently and let the kernels cook over medium heat until you can no longer hear kernels popping, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the popcorn into a large mixing bowl. Add seasoning (oil, salt, garlic powder, and nutritional yeast) and toss well to coat. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 50+ best healthy snacks, healthy snack ideas, best snack recipes, healthy snack recipes, healthy snacks, homemade snacks