Over 30 of our best and most popular blender soup recipes that are vegetarian, with lots of vegan and gluten-free options too. One of my favorites is this Tomato Basil Soup.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 medium fresh roma tomatoes, diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- Parmesan cheese (optional, for serving)
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven for 2 minutes over medium-high heat until the hot oil is shimmering hot. Add onion and garlic. Sauté until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add fresh tomatoes, tomato sauce, and basil. Stir in the remaining seasoning (Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper). Reduce heat to medium and cook until tomatoes soften, about 6-8 minutes
- Pour in broth, cover the lid, and turn the heat down to low. Allow the soup to simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and puree the soup. For a smoother texture, transfer the soup into a blender and puree in batches, or puree using an immersion blender directly in the pot. For a chunkier soup, use a potato masher or fork and mash until desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve with some Parmesan cheese, feta cheese, or breadsticks (if desired).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blender soup recipes, soup recipes in the blender, pureed soup,