This 3-ingredient Strawberry Sorbet is a refreshing, healthy, vegan, and gluten-free frozen treat to enjoy on a hot day. Plus, no ice cream maker required!
- 1 kilogram strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- sliced strawberries (optional, for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Strain the strawberry puree mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove any seeds and lumps.
- Transfer the puree into an airtight container or a loaf pan and cover tightly with plastic cling wrap. Freeze for 4 hours.
- Take the sorbet out of the freezer and whisk it to a slushy consistency. Cover and return to the freezer and leave to fully set, about 4 more hours.
- Serve immediately. If the sorbet is too hard to scoop (if you stored it too long), then let it sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes to soften before scooping.
How to store: Store strawberry sorbet in an airtight container or covered container in the freezer for up to one month. After that, it will still be safe to eat, but it will start to become overly icy.
Sorbet too hard to scoop? If you find that it is too hard to scoop, then let it sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before scooping with an ice cream scoop.
Make a creamy sorbet: For a creamy sorbet, add in 1 cup yogurt.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours for freezing
- Category: Dessert