Learn how to make easy 10-minute wonton soup, using just a handful of delicious ingredients.
- 8-12 wontons, fresh or frozen (I use chicken and cilantro wontons)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce (or regular soy sauce)
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon green onions, sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring chicken stock and 1 cup of water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add wontons and salt.
- When the wontons float to the top, add a cup of cold water.
- Once wontons float to the top again, add soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Scoop wontons out into a bowl and top up with soup base. Garnish with cilantro and green onions. Enjoy!