Up your cooking game with this exquisite creamy parmesan (no wine) risotto with seared scallops dish that belongs on a restaurant table!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice or lime juice
- 4 + 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 lb. scallops
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a large frying pan/skillet, melt the butter over medium high. Sauté the onion and garlic for about 4 minutes until soft and transleucent.
- Add the rice and mix well until it is fully coated with the butter. The rice will look shiny once coated with the butter.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of the chicken stock and the lemon juice and stir. Once the rice has absorbed all the liquid, bring down the heat to medium low.
- Add one cup of chicken stock and continuously stir until the liquid is absorbed. Repeat, one cup at a time, with the remaining stock. This will take about 20-25 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water and take the pan off the heat once the risotto is at your desired consistency.
- Add in the parmesan cheese and parsley and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash and pat the scallops dry with a paper towel.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium high heat. Once the butter is sizzling hot, place the scallops in the pan. (If they do not all fit, make them in two stages).
- Sear the scallops, making sure they are not touching each other. Flip the scallops over after 2 minutes or once the bottom is a golden-brown colour.
- Cook the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve over top of the risotto.
- Category: Rice
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: creamy Parmesan no wine risotto with seared scallops, no wine risotto, seared scallops