Amazing, aromatic coconut flavours emanates from this perfect, easy coconut rice, making it the perfect side dish to almost all Thai and South Asian dishes.
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (optional for garnish)
- In a medium sized pot, rinse the jasmine rice several times until the water runs clear. Drain any excess water and add the coconut milk, water, salt and sugar.
- On high heat, allow the mixture to boil. Once it starts to boil, turn the heat down to low and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Fluff and serve. Garnish with some chopped cilantro.