Give yourself a healthy start to your day with some homemade coconut maple walnut granola. You will never go back to that high-sugar store-bought stuff!
- 2 cups large flake oats (or rolled oats)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, almonds and pecans and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir well to combine.
- Pour this mixture to your large bowl or dry ingredients. Using a wooden spoon, stir well to combine.
- Line a cooking tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spread the granola mixture evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Every 10 minutes, take the tray out of the oven and give it a good stir. Re-spread the granola and put back in the oven.
- Once done, remove the granola from the oven and let cool completely.