Chicken garden salad with ranch dressing is fresh, healthy, hearty, and colorful. It's a filling and wholesome lunch or dinner that is versatile too.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned or shredded
- 1 Persian cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cooked chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup seasoned croutons
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing, store-bought or homemade (ingredients below):
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl or serving plate, add romaine lettuce, cabbage, grape tomatoes, radishes, carrot, cucumber, red onion, and cooked chicken breast. Pour ranch dressing on top and toss to combine. Top with croutons and serve.
- If making homemade ranch dressing, combine the dressing ingredients into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth, then pour over the salad.
chicken breast to top on this salad, you can easily make it. Just season both sides of the chicken generously with salt and pepper (about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper). Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 4-7 minutes on each side, until the chicken is fully cooked and is no longer pink inside, and the internal temperature reaches 165F as read on a meat thermometer. Let the chicken cool for about 10 minutes and then cut it into slices.: If you don't have any leftover
Make ahead instructions: To make this salad ahead of time, I would suggest prepping and chopping the vegetables and storing in an airtight container (without the dressing or croutons). If you are making dressing from scratch, make it and store in a separate airtight container. When ready to serve, add croutons and pour the dressing on top and toss.
How to store: Chicken garden salad is best served fresh. If you happen to have any leftovers, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Eat all the croutons before storing as they will get mushy.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken garden salad with ranch dressing, garden salad with chicken, easy garden salad with chicken, how to make garden salad