Delicious and easy guacamole is simple to make with just a few fresh ingredients in 5 minutes. This popular authentic Mexican dip is a total crowd-pleaser.
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 3 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about juice of 1 lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and finely diced (optional)
- Place avocado into a medium mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Don't over mash because you want the guacamole to be a little chunky.
- Add red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and jalapeño (if using). Stir to combine. Give it a taste and add more salt or lime juice if needed.
- Serve with tortilla chips or on the side of some tacos or quesadillas.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: One bowl
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: easy guacamole, authentic guacamole, how to make guacamole, guacamole recipe, guacamole