Stir-fried Lotus Root with Green Onions is a classic Chinese stir fry dish that makes for an excellent vegan side dish at your dinner table.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 3 lotus roots, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Saute garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add sliced lotus roots and salt. Pan-fry over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water. Continue to fry for 5-8 minutes depending on your preference (less time = more crunchy)
- Add green onions and sesame oil and fry for one more minute.
- Optional: sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve.