Quick and easy zucchini muffins are loaded with fresh zucchini which makes them fluffy, moist, delicious, and full of nutrients. Freezer-friendly too!
- 1 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup zucchini, peeled and grated (about 1 medium zucchini)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line 9 cups of a 12-tin muffin pan with cupcake liners, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together egg, vegetable oil, vanilla, and zucchini until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold until just combined, and no dry flour particles are visible. Do not overmix. The batter will be thick.
- Use a medium to large cookie scoop and divide batter evenly into the liners, filling them all the way to the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to continue cooling.
airtight container or wrap them individually in plastic wrap. They’ll keep like this for up to three days. After that, you can keep them for a few more days in the refrigerator—but note that cooling them will affect their texture.Zucchini muffins taste best when stored at room temperature. To prevent them from going stale, store them in an
How to freeze: Freeze zucchini muffins by wrapping them tightly with plastic cling wrap and then placing them in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, allow them to completely thaw overnight in the refrigerator, or for a few hours at room temperature first.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini muffins, how to make zucchini muffins, muffins with zucchini, zucchini bread muffins