This easy Zucchini Bread is moist, light, and fluffy. It’s loaded with real zucchini — but you wouldn’t even know it because you can’t taste it! So good.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 grams)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 300 grams)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (about 100 grams)
- 1/3 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease a 9x5-inch pan (1 lb. loaf pan) with some cooking oil or butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients including flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk together until evenly distributed.
- Add zucchini and walnuts and mix well until evenly combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the wet ingredients including oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk well until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and use a spatula to mix together until just combined and no dry ingredients are visible. Do not overmix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes on the middle rack until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes, then invert to remove the loaf. Place on a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
How to store: Zucchini bread is best kept at room temperature in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in aluminum foil for up to 2-3 days. This will keep it fresh and moist. You can also store zucchini bread longer in the refrigerator. Allow it to cool to room temperature first, then cover tightly with plastic cling wrap to retain moisture. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
How to freeze: Once cooled to room temperature, wrap the whole zucchini bread (or individual slices) in plastic cling wrap and place into a freezer bag or airtight container. Freeze for up to three months. Thaw frozen zucchini bread by transferring it into the refrigerator overnight.
How to reheat: If you’d like to reheat your zucchini bread, place the slices you want into the microwave and heat in 20 second increments until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Cake
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini bread, how to make zucchini bread, zucchini bread from scratch, homemade zucchini bread