Cozy winter kale salad with apple cider vinaigrette is easy to make with crispy apples, tangy goat cheese and crunchy spiced pecans in under 10 minutes.
- 1 large bunch kale, stems removed and leaves shredded or roughly chopped
- 2 honey crisp apples, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup spiced pecans (see notes for how to make your own)
Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, make the apple cider vinaigrette by whisking together olive oil, apple cider, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Place kale in a large bowl and pour dressing over top. Toss to combine and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add sliced apples, crumbled goat cheese, and spiced pecans on top. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
How to make spiced pecans: In a small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, and 1 teaspoon of salt. In a medium bowl, add pecans and 2 tablespoons of butter. Toss to coat. Add spice mixture and toss again until fully coated.
Apple cider vinaigrette: Double up on the dressing recipe and save in the refrigerator in an airtight container and use on salads all week.
How to store: Store the salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. If you are planning to make ahead, I would recommend storing the vinaigrette separately, and then mixing together when ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: winter kale salad with apple cider vinaigrette and spiced pecans, kale salad with pecans, easy kale salad with apples