Festive white chocolate peppermint gingerbread cookies are soft and chewy, dipped in white chocolate, with a sprinkle of crushed peppermint candy canes.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and levelled
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons peppermint candy canes, crushed
- 1 + 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together using a hand mixer or stand mixer until soft and fluffy, about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add vanilla and molasses and continue to beat until fully incorporated.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Then, gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix until your mixture forms into a dough mass.
- Place a large piece of plastic cling wrap on the counter. Form the dough into a ball (the dough will be slightly sticky) and place in the centre of the cling wrap. Use your hands to flatten it into a disc and wrap it up tightly in the cling wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes up to overnight. If chilling overnight, place the dough on the kitchen counter for 10 minutes before rolling as it will be too hard to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and line two half sheet baking pans with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Once the dough is chilled, lightly dust a clean surface with flour, and place the dough on top. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until it is 1/4-inch thick. Use a round 3-inch fluted cookie cutter to cut out the cookies (or use any cookie cutter that you like).
- Place the cookies an inch apart on the lined baking sheet, and chill in the refrigerator for another 10 minutes, while the oven is preheating.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are set. The cookies will be slightly soft when touched. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, then transfer onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely to room temperature.
- Melt the white chocolate in a small bowl. You can melt it by placing the bowl on a steamer basket, over a small pot of boiling water, or melt in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment until melted and smooth.
- Dip half of each cookie into the white chocolate and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. sprinkle crushed candy canes on top. Transfer the baking sheet into the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden and set, about 10 minutes.
How to store: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to one week.
How to freeze: These cookies freeze beautifully. Store them in an airtight container, layered in between pieces of parchment paper and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes (+30 minutes chill time)
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: white chocolate dipped peppermint gingerbread cookies, gingerbread shortbread cookies, gingerbread cookies, peppermint cookies, christmas cookies, gingerbread cookies with chocolate, peppermint white chocolate cookies