White Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy with perfect golden crisp edges, and loaded with gooey white chocolate chips. These easy to bake cookies are quick to make in one bowl and ready to eat in under 20 minutes — with no chilling required!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large half sheet baking tray with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer or stand mixer cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla, and beat on low until incorporated.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat until just combined.
- Fold in ¾ cup white chocolate chips.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop out 2 tablespoons of cookie dough. Use your hands to roll it into a ball. Place the cookie balls onto the lined baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (you can fit about 6-8 on a large cookie sheet).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges just start to brown. Do not overbake. The cookies may not look done in the middle, but they will continue to cook as they are cooling. Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool in the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then carefully press in the remaining white chocolate chips into the top of the cookies. and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
How to store: Keep leftover white chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. You can also store the in the fridge for up to one month, but they may lose some of their chewiness.
How to freeze: White chocolate chip cookies freeze really well. Let them cool completely first to room temperature, then store in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Freezing cookie dough: To freeze the white chocolate cookie dough before baking, scoop out the cookie balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer and freeze for 1 hour until hard. Then, transfer the cookie dough balls into a freezer bag and store for up to 3 months. To bake, thaw the cookie dough balls in the refrigerator overnight. Then, bake according to recipe instructions. You may need to add a couple minutes to the cook time if the cookie dough is not at room temperature before baking.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: white chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies with white chocolate, white chocolate cookies