This 2-ingredient Watermelon Sorbet is easy to make, healthy, all-natural and vegan. Make this homemade frozen treat with no ice cream maker required!
- 4 cups watermelon, seeds removed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- maple syrup or honey (optional, if needed)
- watermelon slices (optional, for serving)
- basil or mint leaves (optional, for serving)
- Line a large half sheet baking pan with parchment paper. Place cubed watermelon on the prepared pan spaced evenly apart. Freeze for 1-2 hours, then transfer to a freezer bag to freeze completely overnight.
- Combine frozen watermelon and lime juice in a food processor. Pulse mix to puree. Add water 1-2 teaspoons at a time, to get the sorbet to a smoother and scoop-able consistency.
- The sorbet should be sweet enough if using ripe watermelon. If it is not sweet, add a little maple syrup or honey until desired sweetness is achieved.
- Serve immediately with small watermelon slices and/or basil or mint leaves (optional).
- Store any leftovers in a covered loaf pan in the freezer. Note that the longer it is in the freezer the harder it will get. If it is too hard to scoop, set the pan on the kitchen counter for 10-20 minutes until scoop-able.
How to customize: Use this easy recipe with other types of fruit to create different flavoured sorbet. You can also add some yogurt for a creamier, smoother treat.
How to store: Store watermelon sorbet in an airtight container or covered container in the freezer for up to one month. You can still eat it for a few months after that but it will start to become overly icy.
How to serve sorbet that is too hard: If you find that the sorbet has become is too hard to scoop after storing in the freezer, then let it sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before scooping with an ice cream scoop.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Freezing Time: 8 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: watermelon sorbet, how to make watermelon sorbet, homemade watermelon sorbet