Vegan Queso is creamy, cheesy, and perfectly spiced to mimic the classic dip — without any dairy! It tastes like the real thing but you wouldn't know it! Raw cashews are blended with a handful of simple ingredients like jalapeños and nutritional yeast in just 5 minutes to make this dairy-free Mexican queso with classic flavors.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- jalapeño pepper, sliced
- green onions, sliced
- tomato, diced
- tortilla chips or torilla strips
- In a blender, add cashews and vegetable stock. Blend until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and thickened, about 1 minute. You can serve this cold or warm. If serving warm, use warm vegetable stock.
- Transfer to a round serving bowl. Top with chopped cilantro, jalapeno pepper slices, diced tomato, and green onions.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips for dipping.
How to store: Transfer leftover vegan queso to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to five days.
How to reheat: Reheat in the microwave on high in 10-second increments, stirring in between bursts until it’s heated to the desired temperature. You can also reheat in a pan on the stove over medium-low heat until warmed through.
How to freeze: Place in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow the queso to defrost in the refrigerator overnight and blend again to re-incorporate the ingredients in case of separation. Then serve cold or reheat if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dip
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: vegan queso, how to make queso without cheese,