Homemade tortilla strips are crispy, crunchy, delicious, and easy to make using 3 simple ingredients. Serve as a snack or a topping on soups and salad.
- 6 (6-inch) tortillas, corn or wheat
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt , (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut the tortillas into ½ inch strips and cut in half.
- Place the tortilla strips in a medium mixing bowl and toss with vegetable oil.
- Spread the tortilla strips evenly on a large half sheet baking pan lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned and crispy.
- Transfer tortilla chips to serving bowl and toss with salt, to taste.
How to store: Store cooked tortilla strips at room temperature for 8-10 days in an airtight container or ziploc bag. Make sure your tortilla strips are completely cooled before you store them. If not, condensation could make your chips soggy, and you don’t want that!
How to customize: I seasoned these tortilla chips with just salt. If you want to season them with more than just salt, you totally can. Try seasoning with red chili powder, garlic powder, fajita seasoning, or nutritional yeast.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: tortilla strips, homemade tortilla strips, how to make tortilla strips