Toasted Ravioli is a classic Italian appetizer that is crispy on the outside, and tender and gooey on the inside. Your favorite ravioli gets seasoned with a flavorful seasoning blend, coated in crunchy breadcrumbs, and deep-fried for the best crunchy texture. The mouthwatering golden crust and cheesy center make this delicious ravioli appy hard to beat!
- 1/2 pound ravioli (any flavor), fresh or thawed from frozen
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil (for frying), about 3 cups
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional, for serving)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional, for serving)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (for serving)
- In a large mixing bowl (or ziploc bag), add ravioli, flour, garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix well until evenly coated.
- Prepare 2 separate shallow bowls and place the beaten eggs in one and the breadcrumbs in the other. Dip the ravioli, one piece at a time, in the egg and then coat it with the breadcrumbs. You can gently press the crumbs into the ravioli to adhere as much as possible.
- In a medium cooking pot, add enough oil to fill the pot at least 2 inches deep. Preheat the oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes until the hot oil shimmers.
- Deep fry the breaded ravioli in batches (about 4-5 pieces each time) until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Turn the ravioli occasionally to get an even golden crust on all sides.
- Transfer the ravioli onto a paper towel lined plate to drain any excess oil and allow them to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Serve warm with marinara sauce.
How to store: Allow the leftover toasted ravioli to cool completely to room temperature, then transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
How to reheat: Reheat in the oven by placing the ravioli on a lined baking sheet and bake at 375℉ for 10-15 minutes. You can also reheat in the air fryer in a single layer at 375F for 5-10 minutes.
How to freeze: Place the cooked ravioli in a single layer on a lined baking sheet and freeze for 1-2 hours until the raviolis become solid. Then transfer them into a sealed freezer bag or freezer-friendly airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat in the oven straight from frozen to prevent them from getting soggy. Add a few extra minutes to the reheating time.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Deep Fry
- Cuisine: Italian-American
Keywords: toasted ravioli, deep fried ravioli, ravioli recipe, ravioli appetizer