Strawberry bread is fluffy, soft, and moist, packed with farm-fresh strawberries. Simple, sweet, and delicious, perfect for a summer brunch.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (240 grams)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (70 grams)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan (1 lb. loaf pan) with cooking oil.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients including flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, ground cinnamon and salt. Whisk together until evenly distributed and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine all the wet ingredients including milk, oil, egg and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet mixture into dry flour mixture and fold together using a rubber spatula until just combined and no dry ingredients is visible. Do not overmix. Overmixing will make the bread denser and firmer.
- Fold in the chopped strawberries until evenly mixed. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire cooling rack for 10-15 minutes. Then invert to remove the loaf.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Drizzle with a vanilla bean glaze or honey if desired.
How to freeze: Free cooled strawberry loaf cake tightly wrapped in plastic wrap and in a freezer bag or airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow it to thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours or at room temperature before serving.
How to make muffins: You can use this batter to make 12 muffins instead. Divide the prepared batter into a 12-tin muffin pan lined with cupcake liners or sprayed with cooking oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry bread, healthy strawberry bread, strawberry loaf cake, loaf cake with strawberries, strawberry cake