Spinach and feta quiche is healthy and gluten-free with a keto cauliflower crust and savoury vegetarian filling. Serve for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
For the cauliflower crust:
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- nonstick cooking spray
For the spinach and feta filling:
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk (or heavy cream)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2.5 oz. baby spinach
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (plus more for garnish)
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Place cauliflower florets in the bowl of a food processor with the blade attached. Pulse until completely crumbled. Pour into a microwave safe, medium-sized bowl and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Let cool slightly. Place cauliflower in a small kitchen towel or cheese cloth and ring out all the excess liquid.
- Transfer cauliflower to a clean mixing bowl and add Parmesan, salt, and garlic powder. Stir until combined. Add slightly beaten egg to bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spray a 9-inch round tart pan or 9-inch pie dish with nonstick spray. Pour in cauliflower mixture. Use your hands to mold the cauliflower to the pan, making sure to press firmly on the bottom and up the sides to form an even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then, remove from oven and lower oven temperature to 400 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk (or heavy cream), salt and pepper and whisk thoroughly. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and cook until just wilted, stirring often, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove spinach from heat and add it to the egg mixture, along with the scallions and feta. Mix to combine, then pour into the cauliflower crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool and serve topped with additional feta or grated Parmesan cheese.
How to customize. You can customize this quiche and fill it with any vegetables that you like. I often like to add in mushrooms or onions.
How to store. Once cooled, store the quiche in an airtight container or wrap the tart pan tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, heat in a 300F preheated oven for about 20 minutes or in the air fryer for about 10 minutes, until warmed through.
How to freeze. Once cooled, store the quiche in an airtight container or wrap the tart pan tightly with plastic cling wrap or aluminum foil and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, allow the quiche to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Then reheat in a 300F preheated oven for about 20-30 minutes or in the air fryer for about 10-15 minutes, until warmed through.
Make ahead instructions. Pre-bake the crust as per instructions, and add in the filling. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to one day before baking. To bake, place the quiche on the kitchen counter while the oven is preheating, to allow it to come to room temperature. Then, bake according to recipe instructions.
- How to freeze before baking. Place assembled quiche pan on a baking sheet and freeze until hard, about 1-2 hours. Then, remove from the baking sheet and cover the quiche with a few layers of aluminum foil and freeze for up to one month. To bake, allow the quiche to thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Then, take it out of the refrigerator and set it on the kitchen counter for 20 minutes while the oven is preheating to allow it to come to room temperature, and bake according to recipe instructions.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Quiche
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spinach quiche, cauliflower crust quiche, gluten-free quiche, spinach and feta quiche, cauliflower crust