Spinach and feta quiche with cauliflower crust is the perfect guilt-free recipe to get you through breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
For the crust:
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- nonstick spray
For the filling:
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk (or heavy cream)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2.5 oz. baby spinach
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled, plus more for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Place cauliflower florets in the bowl of a food processor with the blade attached. Pulse until completely crumbled. Pour into a microwave safe, medium-sized bowl and cook on high for 5 minutes. Let cool slightly. Place cauliflower in a small kitchen towel or cheese cloth and ring out all the excess liquid.
- Transfer cauliflower to a clean bowl and add Parmesan, salt, and garlic powder. Stir until combined. Add slightly beaten egg to bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spray a 9-inch round tart pan or pie dish with nonstick spray. Pour in cauliflower mixture. Use your hands to mold the cauliflower to the pan, making sure to press firmly on the bottom and up the sides to form an even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Lower oven temperature to 400 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk (or heavy cream), salt and pepper and whisk thoroughly. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and cook until just wilted, stirring often, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach, scallions, and feta to the egg mixture. Mix to combine and then pour into the cauliflower crust. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve topped with additional feta or grated Parmesan cheese.