10-minute creamy spaghetti alfredo with spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes is tossed in a smooth buttery and garlicky alfredo sauce with fresh parsley.
- 4 oz. dry spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 (8 oz. package) cream cheese (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 tablespoon salt flakes (to taste)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add spaghetti and olive oil. Cook for 8-12 minutes, or according to package instructions, until al dente (firm to the bite). Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and parsley. Cook for 4-5 until aromatic. Add cream cheese and garlic, stir well and cook for another minute.
- Add milk and continue stirring so the sauce forms a uniform texture. Add in Parmesan cheese and black pepper. Stir well to combine and cook for one more minute. You will notice the mixture start to thicken a bit.
- Add fresh spinach and stir to combine. The spinach will turn soft almost immediately by the heat. Remove from heat and leave the sauce in the pan.
- Add drained pasta to the skillet and toss to combine, and fully coat the spaghetti with the sauce. Sprinkle some salt flakes on top (to taste) and serve immediately.
Fresh garlic vs. garlic powder. I chose fresh garlic because I love the intense garlicky flavour in this pasta. You can easily substitute it for garlic powder if that is all you have on hand. Plus, it is easier to prep.
How to thicken the sauce. To thicken the consistency of the sauce, continue to cook the sauce for a few more minutes until you get the consistency that you want. If the sauce is too thick, add some pasta water, a teaspoon at a time.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: spaghetti alfredo, alfredo with spinach, alfredo sauce, alfredo pasta, weeknight dinner