Quick and easy, homemade small batch strawberry jam is so simple to make in one pot with just 3 ingredients and no pectin. It's bright, sweet and crave-worthy.
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, add the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. Stir well to dissolve the sugar. Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. You will notice the strawberries start to feel mushy and the juice coming out.
- Cook the strawberry mixture over medium low heat. Stir continuously and slowly bring the mixture to a boil. The mixture will get foamy. Continue to boil for about 15 minutes, or until the jam starts to thicken and its internal temperature reaches 220 F. A digital thermometer is very helpful to get the quick measurement. You will also notice the foam disappear at this point.
- Turn off the heat and keep stirring to cool it down a bit. Pour the jam into a mason jar and allow to cool down to room temperature. Seal the jar and store in the refrigerator.
How to check if the jam is ready: There are a few ways to test whether your strawberry jam is perfectly set and ready to store. First, your mixture will start to thicken. To test for readiness, scoop out a small spoon of jam and place it on a cold plate. Tilt the plate vertically. If the jam drips down quickly from the plate, you need to continue cooking the jam for a few more minutes. If the jam sets on the plate or slowly moves down off the plate, that means it’s ready for storage.
How to store homemade jam: You can store homemade jam in an airtight jar or container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to serve: This jam is so delicious spread on toast (such as a crusty no knead bread or artisan sourdough bread) or no yeast biscuits or as part of a charcuterie board, but there are so many other ways to enjoy it. You can also drizzle it on top of no churn ice cream, New York cheesecake, or any simple cake. You can also layer it into a fruit and yogurt parfait with homemade granola and add in some fresh sliced strawberries.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry jam, small batch jam, how to make strawberry jam, easy strawberry jam, mason jar jam