Shrimp scampi with zucchini noodles is filling, yet surprisingly light! Since we are using fresh zucchini noodles, you will feel no guilt in sopping up the sauce with an extra crusty piece of bread!
- 2 large zucchini
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup seafood, chicken, or vegetable broth
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon
- parsley, for garnish
- Cut the ends off of each zucchini and cut into noodles using a spiralizer. You can also purchase zucchini noodles at many grocery stores in the produce department.
- In a large non-stick skillet (this is important!), heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini noodles and sauté, tossing gently, until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and butter until butter is melted. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broth, then season with salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Let sauce reduce until thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Return heat to medium-high , then add shrimp and cook until pink, about 1-2 minutes per side. Squeeze half a lemon over the shrimp, then toss with zoodles. Serve scampi with fresh parsley and additional lemon wedges.