Shredded Beef Enchiladas are flavorful, saucy, and cheesy. They are easy to make using just a few ingredients including leftover beef, tortillas, enchilada sauce, and cheese. Serve this delicious kid-friendly meal for family dinner tonight.
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked beef, shredded
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 medium flour tortillas, 8-inches in diameter
For serving (optional):
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce onto a 9x13-inch casserole pan. Set aside.
- On each tortilla, spread 1-2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce on the bottom. Add 1/3 cup shredded beef and 2 tablespoons cheese on top in the centre. Carefully roll the tortilla up and arrange it seam side down into the casserole pan. Repeat with the remaining filling and tortillas
- Spread the remaining enchilada sauce evenly on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the cover and bake uncovered for another 8-10 minutes until the melted cheese turns golden brown. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with cilantro, sour cream, and lime juice if desired.
How to store: Once the beef enchiladas have cooled completely, transfer them to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
How to freeze: Place leftover enchiladas in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow them to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
How to reheat: You can reheat enchiladas in the microwave, oven, or air fryer.
- Reheat in the microwave: Cover the top, but allow the air to escape in they are in a container. Reheat in 20-second increments until hot.
- Reheat in the oven or air fryer: Reheat beef enchiladas in the oven at 350F for 15 minutes, or in the air fryer for 5-10 minutes until hot.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: shredded beef enchiladas, leftover beef enchiladas, beef enchiladas