Better than take-out, flavourful and authentic Shanghai fried noodles with chicken, mushrooms, and bok choy is made in just 10 minutes -- it's the easiest dinner!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 100 grams chicken breast (about half a breast), sliced into small narrow strips
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 300 grams Shanghai chao mian noodles, soaked in warm water for 5 minutes and drained
- 3 brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1 large bunch bok choy, base trimmed and discarded
- Heat oil in large pan over high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes, until it changes colour. Then, add cooking wine and turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Break the soaked noodles apart with your hands and add them to the pan, along with mushrooms and sesame oil and stir-fry together for 3 minutes, until mushroom is soft and translucent.
- Add soy sauce, dark soy sauce, brown sugar, and white pepper. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add bok choy and turn the heat up to medium. Cook until bok choy gets medium soft, about 1-2 minutes. Do not overcook as you want the bok choy to still be firm and not soggy. If the sauce is getting too dry, add a tablespoon of water.
- Serve hot.
- Category: Noodles
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: fried noodles, noodles, shanghai noodles, stir fry noodles, chinese noodles, weeknight dinner