Buttery sautéed garlic green beans is a simple side dish that is quick, easy and delicious. Make these vibrant, crispy and tender green beans in 10 minutes.
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- In a medium pot, bring 5 cups of water over medium high heat. Add green beans in the boiling water and cook for 4-6 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium high heat for 2 minutes until it melts and sizzles. Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the garlic turns golden brown and is fragrant.
- Add the cooked green beans and sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Stir well to coat the green beans with butter garlic sauce. Add soy sauce, salt and pepper. Stir well to mix evenly, about 1 minute.
- Serve it warm on a plate.
How to store: Store green beans in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Reheat for a few minutes on the stove over medium heat.
How to use frozen green beans: Allow the green beans to thaw and then them straight into the skillet. You do not need to boil them first.
How to customize: There are so many ways that you can customize this side dish. Some popular ingredients that you can add are crispy bacon, Parmesan cheese, and toasted crushed almonds or pecans.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sautéed garlic green beans, buttery garlic green beans, thanksgiving green beans, easy green beans with garlic