Salmon Bites are a flavorful and delicious meal that is quick and easy to make with a handful of simple ingredients. Bite-sized portions of salmon are cooked until tender with crispy, golden edges and coated with a homemade, sweet and sticky Asian glaze.
- 1 large salmon fillet (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the glaze:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a medium mixing bowl, add chopped salmon, 1 teaspoon oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss well to coat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the hot oil sizzles, about 1-2 minutes.
- Sear the salmon pieces (skin side down first) until golden browned and fully cooked, about 5-6 minutes per side. Do not move the salmon around during cooking. When salmon is cooked, the flesh will turn opaque, and it will flake easily when you insert a fork.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the salmon. Toss well to coat the salmon bites in the sauce and cook for another 1-2 minutes until browned.
- Use tongs to remove the salmon bites and place on a serving plate. Garnish with white sesame seeds and serve immediately.
How to store: Transfer leftover salmon bites to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Make sure to freeze it if you’re not able to finish it in that time frame.
How to reheat: You can serve leftovers cold or warm. To reheat, hear in a 300F preheated oven or air fryer for a few minutes until warmed through, on the stove over medium-low heat, or in the microwave until warmed through. Be careful not to overheat as they can become dry and tough.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: salmon bites, teriyaki salmon bites, easy salmon bites, salmon nuggets