Whether you’re cooking this roasted eggplant in your oven or air fryer, you’ll fall in love with how fast, easy, and delicious this simple recipe is.
- 2 medium eggplants (about 1 pound), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggplants and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add all seasoning (salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and paprika). Toss well to coat and set aside for 15 minutes until the oven is preheated.
- Arrange the eggplants in a single layer on a parchment lined half sheet baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until nicely browned, flipping the eggplants halfway through to achieve even cooking.
- Serve immediately and drizzle with more balsamic vinegar on top, if desired. You can also add some extra flavor with sliced green onions and chickpeas on top (optional).
Air Fryer instructions: Add eggplants to the air fryer basket and cook at 375F for 20-25 minutes until tender and nicely caramelized. Shake the basket halfway to cook them evenly.
How to store: Eggplant and other roasted vegetables are notorious for becoming soggy after cooking and storing. Never store hot vegetables. Instead, allow the eggplant to cool on the roasting pan before transferring to an airtight container (once completely cool). Keep in the fridge and eat within 4-5 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: roasted eggplant, how to roast eggplant, eggplant recipe, air fryer eggplant