Pumpkin bundt cake with cream cheese icing is a perfect fall dessert to serve this year — super moist inside, with a perfect golden brown crumby crust.
- 2 + ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 + ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
For the cream cheese glaze:
- 4 oz. cream cheese (½ package), at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
Make the Pumpkin Bundt Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 10-cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in medium bowl, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl using a hand mixer to beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, then add vanilla and pumpkin puree. Scrape down the sides as needed and beat until well mixed.
- Gradually add half of the dry ingredients to the bowl, and beat slowly until just combined. Add in milk and beat until combined. Then, gradually add remaining dry ingredients, scrape down the sides, and beat until mixed.
- Bake for 45-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean (the time depends on how hot your oven runs). Let it cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then flip upside down and let the cake cool down on the wire rack completely.
Make the Cream Cheese Glaze:
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and milk (½ tablespoon at a time) and beat until smooth and desired consistency is reached. The icing should be thin enough to pour but thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. If the icing is too thin, add in a little more sugar. If it is too thick, add in a little more milk.
- Use a spoon to slowly drizzle the cream cheese glaze over the cooled bundt cake and sprinkle chopped pecans or walnuts on top.
* Pumpkin pie spice: Feel free to substitute with 1 + ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon. ½ teaspoon ground ginger, and ¼ teaspoon all-spice.
How to make sure the bundt cake doesn’t stick to the pan: The main problem people encounter with bundt cakes is that they don't want to come out after baking! To make sure your bundt cake doesn't stick, spray it liberally with oil and ensure every nook and cranny is oiled. For an added layer of protection, you can dust your bundt pan very lightly with flour. I find that I never need this added layer.
How to store: Store unglazed leftover pumpkin bundt cake at room temperature for a few days or keep it in the fridge for up to five days. Either way, ensure it's in an airtight container, so it doesn't get stale. If your pumpkin bundt cake is glazed with cream cheese icing, it must be refrigerated within 2 hours.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Cake
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin bundt cake, homemade pumpkin cake, bundt cake with pumpkin, pumpkin bundt cake with cream cheese icing