Looking for a life-changing recipe? One that you can have for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? This potato galette with arugula and crème fraîche is a total crowd pleaser that brings light, spring flavours to life!
- 1 and 1/4 cups flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature and cubed + 1 tablespoon, melted
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche + more for garnish
- 3 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and thinly sliced into 1/8-inch thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- Combine flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a mixing bowl, then add cubed butter. Use a pastry cutter (or 2 knives) to incorporate butter into the flour until large pea-sized pieces remain. Add ice water and mix with your hands until most of the flour is incorporated and the dough is smooth. Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to rest and firm up for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat baking mat.
- Combine crème fraîche and cream cheese in a small bowl. Add chopped tarragon, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and black pepper.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface into a circle or oval that is about 1/4-inch thick. The edges will be folded over, so the shape doesn’t have to be perfect. Transfer dough to the baking sheet.
- Use a spatula to evenly spread the crème fraîche mixture onto the base of the dough, making sure to leave a clear 1-inch border around the edge.
- Layer sliced potato on top of crème fraîche, then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a little black pepper. Carefully fold over the outer edge of the tart, overlapping about every inch. Brush melted butter along the edge of the tart dough.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until dough is brown and potatoes are cooked through.
- Let cool slightly, about 5 minutes, then top with arugula, shaved parmesan, and a drizzle of crème fraîche. Serve immediately or at room temperature.