Pineapple fried rice is a quick and easy meal that is ready in just 20 minutes. It's a savory, sweet, delicious, and flavorful weeknight family dinner.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup green peas, frozen
- 1/2 cup sweet corn, frozen
- 3 cups white rice, freshly cooked or leftover rice
- 1 and 1/2 cups pineapple, canned or fresh, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon green onions, finely chopped, divided
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted white sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)
- Heat coconut oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat for one minute. Add carrots and bell pepper and sauté until tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- Push the vegetables to one side to make space for the eggs. Add beaten eggs with a teaspoon of the sliced green onions into empty side of the pan. Stir the eggs on that side of the pan until scrambled and cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Add the peas and corn to the pan. Continuously stir everything together for a minute to cook and evenly incorporate together.
- Add the rice and continuously stir until well combined and warmed through, about 2-3 minutes. If you are using leftover rice, stir in 1-2 tablespoons of water to soften the rice.
- Add pineapple and cashews and mix until evenly distributed, about 1 minute.
- Add oyster sauce and sesame oil and stir continuously until well mixed.
- Stir in remaining green onions and season with salt and pepper to taste (if needed). I didn’t add any salt and pepper since the oyster sauce provides a lot of flavor. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve warm.
How to store: Let the pineapple fried rice cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container and storing in the refrigerator. It will last for 3-5 days in the fridge.
How to reheat: The best way to reheat pineapple fried rice is on a skillet on the stovetop. Preheat the skillet to medium-high heat and add the fried rice. Stir frequently until the rice and veggies are warmed through, a few minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: pineapple fried rice, hawaiian fried rice, tropical fried rice, fried rice with pineapples