Pesto green beans is a simple side dish that is quick and easy to make in under 10 minutes, tossed in buttery toasted walnuts and pesto. So delicious.
- 1.5 lbs. green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans and cook for 3-4 minutes, until bright green and slightly tender. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add walnuts and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in pesto and balsamic vinegar until evenly combined.
- Add green beans and toss to coat and warm through, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately with extra spoonfuls of pesto on top, if desired.
How to store: Keep leftover pesto green beans in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. Make sure you let them cool all the way to room temperature before you store them—or else they can get soggy from the condensation.
How to reheat: Reheat leftover pesto green beans in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through, but be careful not to overcook them. You want them to stay firm and not get too limp.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pesto green beans, green beans with pesto, sautéed green beans with pesto, pesto green beans with walnuts, green bean side dish