Pesto asparagus is a quick easy side dish that takes regular sautéed asparagus to the next level in just 15 minutes. It's healthy, vegan, and gluten-free.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound medium asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or roasted peanuts
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add asparagus and sauté until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in Pesto and balsamic vinegar and cook until the asparagus is tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts (or roasted peanuts) and serve immediately.
How to store: Allow leftover pesto asparagus to cool to room temperature. Then, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
How to reheat: When you reheat your leftover pesto asparagus, be careful not to overcook it. Preheat a pan with a lid over medium heat with a small amount of oil. Then, add the leftover asparagus and cover the pan. Cook for 2-4 minutes until warm. You can flip the asparagus halfway or shake the pan gently to mix.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pesto asparagus, sautéed asparagus with pesto,