Healthy, light and refreshing Persian Shirazi salad with cucumber and tomato is a simple salad packed with herbs and tossed in an olive oil and lime dressing.
- 2 cups tomatoes (about 3-4 Roma tomatoes or 20 cherry tomatoes), diced
- 2 cups small cucumbers (about 2 small Persian cucumbers), diced
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dice the tomatoes, cucumbers and onions into small 1/4-inch pieces. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add olive oil, lime juice, parsley, mint, and salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, or cover and place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse together more.
Chill the salad. You can serve the salad immediately, but for best results, chill it for at least 30 minutes. This will allow the herby flavours to better infuse into each ingredient.
How to serve Shirazi salad. Serve this salad with a full Persian dinner including Basmati rice with saffron and Persian saffron chicken kebabs (joojeh kabob). Don't forget some Persian treats for dessert too. My favourites are rice cookies (nan-e-berenji) and chickpea cookies with pistachio (nan-e-nokhodchi).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: Persian
Keywords: Shirazi salad, salad Shirazi, Persian salad, Persian cucumber tomato salad, Persian shirazi salad, easy salad