Pecan Crusted Chicken is a simple, delicious, and flavorful, quick and easy dinner ready in 40 minutes that can be baked in the oven or air fryer.
For the chicken:
- 6 chicken cutlets, boneless and skinless (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
For the crust:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the honey mustard sauce (optional):
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a large half sheet baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Use a paper towel to pat the chicken cutlets completely dry. Season on both sides evenly with salt.
- In a large ziploc bag or shallow plate, evenly coat the chicken with mayonnaise. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, add pecans, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix until evenly combined and pecans resemble fine crumbs.
- Transfer the crumb mixture onto a shallow plate and press the mayo-coated chicken into the crumbs and coat them evenly.
- Place the crusted chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake until the crust becomes golden brown and chicken is fully cooked through, about 22-25 minutes. Flip once halfway to ensure the chicken is cooked evenly on both sides.
- Serve warm with honey mustard sauce (optional) or mayo on the side or drizzled over the chicken. To make the honey mustard dipping sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, dijon mustard and honey in a small bowl until smooth.
How to store: Transfer leftover pecan crusted chicken to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Use the leftovers within 4 days.
How to freeze: Place leftover cooked chicken in a freezer bag or another freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow it to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating, or defrost in the microwave according to the appliance’s instructions.
How to reheat: Reheat coated chicken in the oven at 375F for 10 minutes until warm and crispy, or in the air fryer for about 5-7 minutes at the same temperature.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pecan crusted chicken, chicken with pecan coating, pecan chicken, breaded chicken