Soft and chewy peanut butter blossoms topped with a chocolate kiss are a classic Christmas cookie that is easy to make during the holidays or any time of year.
- 1 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and levelled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 36 chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together peanut butter, butter granulated sugar, and brown sugar using a hand mixer (or a stand mixer) on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add in egg and vanilla extract and continue to mix until fully combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until combined. Cover and chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a half sheet baking pan with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper, and set aside.
- Transfer sugar for the coating into a small bowl. Then, use a cookie scoop to scoop out 1-2 tablespoons of cookie dough and roll into a 1-inch ball. Roll the cookie ball into the bowl of sugar to fully coat it. Place on the lined baking tray, spaced 2 inches apart. You will have to bake in multiple batches, or freeze some uncoated cookie balls to bake later.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and immediately gently press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack to completely cool. Note that the kisses will melt and get soft but will hold its shape. It will slowly harden as the cookies cool completely. You can speed up this process by transferring the cookies to the refrigerator to cool quickly.
How to store: Peanut butter blossoms will stay soft in an airtight container for up to 1 week at room temperature.
How to freeze:
- To freeze baked cookies: Freeze baked and cooled peanut butter blossoms in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. Leave them out in the refrigerator or at room temperature to thaw.
- To freeze cookie dough: Place the rolled cookie balls (not coated in sugar) spaced apart on a baking tray, and freeze for an hour. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To bake from frozen: Allow the cookie balls to thaw in the refrigerator overnight, or at room temperature for a few hours. Then, roll in sugar and bake according to recipe instructions.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes (+30 minutes chill time)
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter blossoms, peanut butter cookies with chocolate kiss, peanut butter christmas cookies, christmas cookies, peanut butter with hersheys kiss