Aromatic Asian pan-fried lemongrass chicken is healthy, gluten-free, and takes less than 25 minutes to prep and cook! Now that’s what I call the perfect weeknight meal.
- 5 pieces of chicken thighs, boneless
- 2 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- chopped cilantro (optional, for garnish)
- In a ziploc bag, combine chicken, chopped lemongrass, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and pepper. [Note: To make things easy, I chopped up the lemongrass in a food processor.] Add cayenne pepper if you want this to be spicy. Seal and shake ziploc bag to evenly disperse marinade with the chicken. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, but preferably for 2 hours.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Place chicken on the pan and cook for 7 minutes per side, or until each side is nicely browned and the internal temperature of the thighs is 165˚F (75˚C).
- Slice into strips and serve over a bowl of steamed white rice sprinkled with sesame seeds. Garnish with chopped cilantro.