This Oven Baked Chicken Breast is juicy, tender, and delicious. It’s quick and easy to make with a simple seasoning blend that packs on the flavor.
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a large mixing bowl or Ziploc bag, combine chicken breasts with oil, garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Rub well to coat evenly and set aside until the oven is ready.
- Place the chicken breasts in a casserole dish or large half sheet baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes until fully cooked through. The internal temperature for the chicken should reach 165F as read on a meat thermometer.
- Loosely cover with aluminum foil and let the chicken rest at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, if desired. Slice and serve warm.
Allow the chicken to rest: Allowing your chicken to rest for a few minutes after its cooked is a crucial step if you want to enjoy juicy meat. Your patience will pay off! As the chicken rests, juices that shrunk to the center of the chicken disperse throughout the meat. If you cut into your chicken right away, all those yummy juices will seep out.
How to store: Keep leftover cooked chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
How to reheat: The best way to reheat cooked chicken is in the oven. Wrap the chicken in aluminum foil, adding some juices or water. Then, bake the wrapped chicken in a 375F oven for 10 minutes or until warm. You can also reheat in the microwave until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oven baked chicken breast, chicken breast, roasted chicken breast, how to cook chicken breast in the oven