Oreo Brownies are a rich and decadent dessert that is quick and easy to make from scratch using simple ingredients. These fudgy brownies have triple the chocolate, are loaded with Oreo cookies, and have a classic crinkly crackly top.
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup butter, unsalted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, Dutch process
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 14-16 oreo cookies, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan and line it with parchment paper so that it hangs over two sides to make it easy to life the brownies out of the pan when baked.
- Melt the chocolate with butter in a medium heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water, or you will burn the chocolate. Whisk until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let it cool down for a few minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugar. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed for 3-4 minutes. This will ensure that the brownies have a classic crinkly top. Stir in vanilla.
- Gradually, pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, and continuously whisk together until combined.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt in another mixing bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold together using a large silicone spatula until just combined. Fold in half of the oreos – do not over mix.
- Transfer the thick batter into the prepared baking pan, smoothing out the top. Press the remaining oreos on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean with moist a few moist crumbs attached. Bake for 25 minutes for a super fudgy brownie, bake for 30 minutes for a more cakey texture.
- Once the brownies are done, remove the baking pan from the oven and place it on a wire cooling rack. Once cooled completely, lift it out of the pan and cut into 16 squares.
How to store: Once the oreo brownies have completely cooled to room temperature, you can store them in an airtight container (or wrapped in plastic cling wrap or aluminum foil) for up to 3 days at room temperature in a cool place and out of direct sunlight. They will stay fresh and soft for days! You can store even longer for up to a week in the fridge.
How to reheat: Serve oreo brownies at room temperature or serve warm out of the oven or reheated. To reheat, place in a 350F preheated oven, air fryer, or toaster oven and heat for 5-10 minutes until warm and gooey. You can also reheat in the microwave for 10-20 seconds until warm.
How to freeze: Once cool, place oreo brownies in a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. You can also slice them first and wrap individually in plastic cling wrap before placing in a freezer bag. When ready to serve, take out the portion that you want and thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Then, bring to room temperature before serving, about 20 minutes on the kitchen counter.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Brownie
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oreo brownies, brownies with oreos, fudgy oreo brownies